BETTER WORLD LEADERSHIP CAN HELP YOUR BUSINESS GROW VALUE BY DEVELOPING HUMAN CAPITAL TO SOLVE SOCIAL, ECONOMIC, AND ENVIRONMENTAL CHALLENGES.
Studies show that by involving employees on nonprofit boards, companies develop more diverse, inclusive, and high performing workforces.
Better World Leadership (BWL) conducts studies for businesses seeking to assess:
- How nonprofit board service benefits your company, your employees, nonprofits, and communities.
- The extent to which your employees are interested in serving on nonprofit boards, and the factors that will make them more likely to serve.
- How you can scale your board matching program with quality board matches and training.
BWL benchmarks each company’s study results against the aggregated results of other multinational corporations. BWL has already conducted studies among some 2,000 employees from eight multinational corporations.
Each company receives a confidential report showing the extent to which its employees who serve on boards:
- Develop leadership skills.
- Gain appreciation for the perspectives of people from different backgrounds than their own.
- Develop empathy.
- Change their behaviors back at work as a result of their experience working on nonprofit boards with board members and clients from diverse backgrounds.
- Help address social, economic, and environmental challenges.
- Gain a better awareness of the effect of social, economic, and environmental challenges on their communities and on the company.
- Have a better impression of their company for supporting board service.
- Are more likely to work at a company that supports board service.
Additionally, each company report shows the extent to which employees who do not serve on boards might be interested in doing so and the factors that would make them more likely to serve.