Employees who serve on nonprofit boards develop in ways that change their behaviors, effectiveness, and productivity back at work.
The 2018 Nonprofit Board Leadership Study breaks new ground. It shows that employees who serve on nonprofit boards develop in ways that change their behaviors, effectiveness, and productivity back at work, as soon as one to two years after beginning board service.
THE 2018 STUDY SHOWS HOW COMPANIES CAN:
- Build more diverse, inclusive, and high performing workforces.
- Advance the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Better World Leadership (BWL) conducts studies for businesses seeking to assess:
- How nonprofit board service benefits your company, your employees, nonprofits, and communities.
- The extent to which your employees are interested in serving on nonprofit boards, and the factors that will make them more likely to serve.
- How you can scale your board matching program with quality board matches and training.
Alice Korngold presented 2018 Nonprofit Board Leadership at the U.N. in September.
About the author
Alice Korngold, President and CEO, Korngold Consulting LLC, provides strategy advisory services for board members and executives from multinational corporations, professional services firms, and global, national, and regional nonprofits. Her areas of expertise are board governance, ESG/sustainability/CSR, and diversity and inclusion. Korngold authored A Better World, Inc.: How Companies Profit by Solving Global Problems…Where Governments Cannot (Palgrave Macmillan, 2014) and Leveraging Good Will: Strengthening Nonprofits by Engaging Businesses (Jossey-Bass, a Wiley Imprint, 2005). She authored the chapter on Sustainability and Corporate Governance in the Handbook on Board Governance: A Comprehensive Guide for Public, Private, and Not for Profit Board Members (Wiley, 2016).
Korngold is a Visiting Professor for the Masters in Financial Accountability, York University, Toronto, Canada. She is a juror for the World Environment Center’s annual Gold Medal Award for International Corporate Achievement in Sustainable Development. Korngold received a B.A., history and an M.S.Ed., psychological services, from the University of Pennsylvania.